Top 10 Best Lenses for the Sony a6600, a6500, a6400, a6300, and a6000 Reviews
This 35mm lens or the 50mm lens for all-purpose general shooting?
- 0.1 This 35mm lens or the 50mm lens for all-purpose general shooting?
- 0.2 Is this backward compatible with the NEX series?
- 1 What Lens to buy for my Camera?
- 2 1. Sony 55-210mm Review – Best Lens For Sony
- 3 2. Sony SELP18105G E PZ 18-105mm Review – Best Lens For Sony
- 4 3. Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM Lens For Sony
- 5 4. Sigma 16mm f / 1.4 DC DN Contemporary Review
- 6 5. Sigma 56mm for E-Mount Best Lens For Sony Review
- 7 6. Sigma 30mm f / 1.4 DC DN Lens For Sony Review
- 7.1 Does this work with a Sony a7riii?
- 7.2 7. Sony 35mm f / 1.8 OSS APS-C Lens for Sony Review
- 7.3 8. Sony E 50mm f/1.8 Best Lens For Sony Review
- 7.4 9. Best Lens For Sony E 10-18mm F4 Review
- 7.5 10. Best Lens For Sony: Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Review
- 7.6 Main characteristics of the photographic objectives:
- 7.7 Minimum focus distance
- 7.8 Diaphragm opening
- 8 Differences between a fixed focus lens and a zoom
- 9 Types of the Lens for Sony
Is this backward compatible with the NEX series?
This range of Sony cameras, the Sony Alpha a6000, Sony Alpha a6300, Sony Alpha a6400, Sony Alpha a6500, and Sony Alpha a6600 are some of the best mirrorless models of the moment, and if you know how to choose the best lens for Sony then they will give many joys as a photographer, especially if you use these best lens for Sony to travel or to take photos abroad.
Both the a6300 and the a6500 or the a6400 have been a great bet of Sony to record 4K video, bringing tremendous quality to the amateur that was previously only available in much more expensive camera models.
The good thing is that the E-mount lens collection is expanding and there are too many best lenses for Sony a6000, a6300, a6400, a6500, and a6600 are available.
What Lens to buy for my Camera?
It is the question that many fans and professionals ask themselves. But here I am to give you a hand and help you get out of doubt.
In this article, I’ll tell you the top 10 best lenses for Sony a6000, Sony Alpha a6000, Sony Alpha a6300, Sony Alpha a6400, Sony Alpha a6500, and Sony Alpha a6600.
|Camera Name||Weight (Pounds)||Dimensions|
|Fujifilm X-T3 Mirrorless Camera||3.1||8 x 5.6 x 6.4||Check Price|
|Sony Alpha a6000 Camera||0.76||4.7 x 1.8 x 2.6||Check Price|
|PANASONIC LUMIX GX85 Camera||1.09||1.7 x 4.8 x 2.8||Check Price|
|Sony Alpha a7IIK Camera||1.32||5 x 2.4 x 3.8||Check Price|
|Nikon Z6 Mirrorless Camera||1.29||5.3 x 2.7 x 4||Check Price|
|Sony a7 III Mirrorless Camera||1.44||5 x 3.9 x 3||Check Price|
|Canon EOS M100 Mirrorless Camera||0.66||1.4 x 4.3 x 2.6||Check Price|
|Panasonic Lumix G7KS Mirrorless Camera||0.9||4.9 x 3 x 3.4||Check Price|
|Canon EOS RP Mirrorless Camera||2.7||2.8 x 5.2 x 3.3||Check Price|
|EOS M50 Canon Mirrorless Camera||0.86||2.3 x 4.6 x 3.5||Check Price|
1. Sony 55-210mm Review – Best Lens For Sony
It would be the natural complement of the kit objective, to extend the focal range up to over 200mm, which is already a decent telephoto lens. Taking into account that in APS-C sensors it is equivalent to 300mm in terms of viewing angle.
The Sony 55-210mmbest lens for Sony is light and not too bulky for the focal lens it covers. This best zoom lens for Sony a6000 may seem a bit awkward at first in the a6000 / a5000 series cameras, especially with the lens hood on and extended to 210mm
In terms of optical quality, this objective would have benefited very similar to the objective of the kit in terms of sharpness and contrast.
The maximum aperture of Sony55-210mm best lens for Sony is quite limited (f / 4.5 to 55mm and f / 6.3 to 210mm). So it will be used especially in good light situations. When the light is not so good, we will have to compensate by raising ISO, the good news is that Sony’s sensors withstand the noise quite well.
The Sony 55-210mmbest prime lens for Sony a6000 has an optical stabilizer, which always comes in handy when shooting freehand.
- Price of this best lens for Sony is very affordable
- It has an optical stabilizer
- It is not too bulky and weighs very little compared to similar goals
- It is the perfect complement for the 16-50mm, to go with a very wide focal range
- The opening can limit us, especially to 210mm, if the light conditions are not good
- The sharpness is in the average of this type of input range zooms, similar to the kit objective
- With the sunshade and fully deployed, there is something unbalanced with respect to the size of these cameras, although being a light lens does not affect the use and manageability of the whole
2. Sony SELP18105G E PZ 18-105mm Review – Best Lens For Sony
The Sony E 18-105mm f / 4G PZ OSS SELP18105G best lens for Sony offers amazing photos and videos with its 6x electric zoom.
SELP18105 best travel lens for Sony a6000 has a maximum and constant aperture of F4 in the entire range from 18mm wide-angle to 105mm medium telephoto, with excellent resolution and contrast.
The lever and the ring on the tube of this best wide-angle lens for Sony a6000 allow you to adjust the zoom speed without losing the safe and stable grip.
SELP18105 best lens for Sony has integrated optical stabilization and the zoom is done internally, which is convenient if you want to put your camera in a camera capsule to shoot.
This best lens for Sony a6300 offers great video performance and if that is the main use that you are going to give it, for example, vlogging, you will be happy with it.
In summary, if you are looking for a versatile lens for your Sony a6000, this 18-105mm is something to consider if you are aware of its limitations.
- It comes with the Image Stabilization
- Maximum aperture is f/4
- It comes with the power zoom design
- The size is too big
3. Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM Lens For Sony
This wide-angle zoom lens for Sony is ideal for landscape photography and documentary. It is one of the 3 lenses that every photographer needs compact, light and resistant, ideal to take on photographic excursions.
It is a very bright lens thanks to its maximum aperture of 2.8 constant throughout its focal range, ideal for low lighting. Its equivalent focal length in APS-C cameras is 24-52.5 mm.
The viewing angle this Sony a6000 landscape lens is 107 ° -63 ° in 35 mm and in APS-C format it is 83 ° -44 °. Its magnificent bokeh effect is due to its 11 circular aperture plates.
Its incredible resolution is given thanks to two elements of the extreme aspherical lens (XA) that allows an extraordinary sharpness.
In addition, this zoom allows you to obtain great precision of focus without noise thanks to its floating focus settings through its DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) systems, which makes it perfect for video and photo.
- The fixed aperture is f/2.8
- It comes with the fast autofocus
- The focus hold button is present
- This lens is moisture and dust resistant
- 35mm edge softness
- It leaves out the lens stabilization
4. Sigma 16mm f / 1.4 DC DN Contemporary Review
This is one of the sharpest sigma lenses for Sony a6000. Sigma did an amazing job designing this best lens for Sony: the autofocus is fast and accurate, the color reproduction is excellent, and the images of this sigma e mount lenses for Sony a6000 are sharp from one corner of the photo to the other.
It is an incredible objective for its sharpness and the possibilities offered by its great opening. It is designed for Sony cameras with an APS-C sensor, such as the Sony a5000 and a6000 series
The equivalent focal point in terms of viewing angle is about 24mm, that is, it is a good angle and will allow us to use it in nature, interior photography (architecture, real estate …), etc.
Sigma 16mm lens for Sony is also very good for video, for vlogging for example, for recording yourself, etc. since it has a very small minimum focus distance.
Recommended: Best Lenses for Astrophotography
- The maximum aperture f / 1.4 will allow us to take pictures and video in low light situations without having to raise the ISO much
- Focal quite flexible: landscape, street photography, architecture…
- The focus system is fast and quite smooth
- It is very bulky; it is not a small goal
- It has no optical stabilization
- It is a little more expensive than Sigma and does not offer the same optical quality at maximum aperture (f / 2.8) although from f / 4 the sharpness is very similar in both
- Focus something loud
5. Sigma 56mm for E-Mount Best Lens For Sony Review
The Sigma 56mm f / 1.4 DC DN optics is the third member of the Contemporary family for cameras without a “trimmed” sensor mirror (both APS-C with Sony E mount and Micro Four Thirds mount ) from this well-known manufacturer.
Sigma 56mm best zoom lens for Sony a6300 is a short telephoto lens (84 mm equivalent) that boasts high brightness, compact and light body (sealed against the elements) and an image quality comparable to the Art Series, the most exclusive in the Sigma catalog.
Sigma introduced the 56mm F1.4 DC DN best lens for Sony is a “light and compact product for everyday use” and the truth is that we quite agree.
Mounted on the Sony A6500 (which kindly gave us Sony for the test) the set is very balanced and the optics do not clash at all with the camera.
In fact, the size and weight of sigma 56mm best lens for Sony are almost perfect for that of the A6500, something better than that of the other two objectives of the family that are larger (30 mm only slightly longer, and 16 mm already noticeably larger).
- Amazing sharpness
- Provides excellent bokeh effect
- It is very lightweight
- Autofocus is very accurate and fast
- Amazing sharpness
- Provides excellent bokeh effect
- It is very lightweight
- Autofocus is very accurate and fast
- Doesn’t provide optical stabilization
6. Sigma 30mm f / 1.4 DC DN Lens For Sony Review
The main advantage of this Sigma 30mm best lens for Sony is the extra opening with respect to an f / 1.8, which would correspond to 2/3 of a light step (more than half a step).
It is not a spectacular jump in terms of the light collection but it can help us in delicate situations
Perhaps that extra opening is more noticeable when we want to get unfocused funds for a given frame (with respect to an f / 1.8).
In addition, this sigma e mount lenses for Sony a6000 has a 9-blade diaphragm compared to the 7 blades of the Sony 35mm, which achieves a finer bokeh.
The optical quality of this lens for Sony is very good, in general above the Sony 35mm f / 1.8, especially at the edges at maximum aperture. From f / 4 the optical quality is practically indistinguishable between the two objectives.
The two fundamental disadvantages with respect to 35mm f / 1.8 are the size/weight (the 30mm f / 1.4 is much bulkier) and that the Sigma does not have an optical stabilizer.
Recommended: Best DSLR Camera with Flip Screen
Does this work with a Sony a7riii?
- Value for money compared to the Sony 35mm f / 1.8
- Maximum aperture of f / 1.4 and 9-blade diaphragm
- Very versatile focal length
- It is considered one of the best objectives of the system, especially for value for money
- The size and weight are almost double that of the Sony 35mm f / 1.8. It is not an excessively heavy target
- It is rather bulky, especially with respect to the size of the mirrorless series a6000 / a5000
7. Sony 35mm f / 1.8 OSS APS-C Lens for Sony Review
One of the limitations of the 50mm f / 1.8 is that its focal length is somewhat long (it is a short telephoto lens in terms of viewing angle) for many situations. Especially if we want to take street or landscape photography, or if for example, we want to record video in a small space.
The 35mm equivalent in the APS-C cameras to 52.5mm in terms of viewing angle, which would correspond to a ‘normal’ objective, that is, would be in a range similar to the perception of human vision.
This focal point is very versatile and practically serves almost any type of photography: street, portrait, landscapes…
Specifically, the Sony 35mm f / 1.8 OSS best lens for Sony would be at the level of 50mm f / 1.8 as my first choice, and here it would be more a matter of personal preferences or photography/video style (also of the budget we have).
The 50mm f / 1.8 would be a bit more portrait-oriented and the 35mm f / 1.8 would be more versatile by having a wider viewing angle.
This best lens for Sony is a small and lightweight lens, perfect to carry anywhere, both mounted on the camera, as in a small bag or even in the jacket pocket.
The Sony 35mm f / 1.8 includes an optical stabilizer, which can help us minimize trepidation in delicate situations by shooting freehand with shutter speeds of the order of 1/50 seconds or slower.
Recommended: Best Camcorder
- Very sharp, especially from f / 2.8 – f / 4
- Opening off / 1.8 that allows getting defocused backgrounds with ease and working in low ambient light
- The very versatile focal point for both photography and video
- Includes optical stabilizer (OSS)
- Small and light, perfect for travel and to always carry on
- It is quite more expensive than 50mm f / 1.8
8. Sony E 50mm f/1.8 Best Lens For Sony Review
The focal length is quite difficult to use indoors, but outdoors it is very practical. Among the positive points: it is light and compact.
Sony E 50mm’s best lens for Sony does not cost much, it has integrated optical stabilization, and it has super-fast and silent autofocus. It offers a simply magnificent image reproduction, with an excellent level of detail.
In summary, with this type of lens, we can see the difference in terms of quality with the basic kit. Simply essential if you have a Sony a6000 and want to make a portrait.
In the APS-C cameras, the equivalent focal length would be 75mm, which goes very well for portraiture. Thanks to its large opening you can easily get unfocused backgrounds with a beautiful bokeh
It is a very clear objective, especially if we close the diaphragm a bit. At the maximum opening, it can soften a little in the corners.
- Value for money
- Very clear, allows you to take advantage of all the resolution and quality of Sony sensors
- The very good optical stabilization system
- Very good for portrait photography
- Very good for video (e.g. channels in which the main character appears and you want to blur the background to focus attention)
- At the maximum opening, it can soften a little in the corners
9. Best Lens For Sony E 10-18mm F4 Review
Let’s start with the positive points of this best lens for Sony: it is a surprisingly light wide angle because of its size, compact and, therefore, easy to take on a trip, with a fixed aperture of f/4.
The 10-18mm focal length range of this best lens for Sony is very useful for vlogging, especially because it is stabilized, or for architectural photography.
This lens is sharp, has minimal distortion, focuses quickly and weighs only 225 grams. It has an image stabilizer.
The most annoying thing is that some copies are bad and give a pretty bad sharpness.
Remember to check the sharpness of the image in the first days of your purchase, and get another copy.
The fault lies with Sony, which does not carry out adequate quality control. Given the high price at which it is sold, it is quite annoying.
Recommended: Best Camera for Beginners
- Optical stabilization is present
- It is very lightweight
- This best lens for Sony supports the front filters
- It leaves out splash and dust protection
10. Best Lens For Sony: Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Review
You have two lens options for this focal length: the Sigma 19 mm f / 2.8 and the Sony 20 mm f / 2.8. Both are crisp and focus beautifully, but Sony’s model is almost twice as expensive.
This best lens for Sony is compact and lightweight: it is probably the best replacement for the lens that comes with the kit of these cameras.
Sigma 19 best lenses for Sony has precise and silent autofocus, so the lens is optimal for both video recording and still images. It weighs 150 grams and has very small dimensions.
Related: Best Wireless Flash Trigger
- Comes with the built-in autofocus
- It doesn’t provide any weather sealing
Would you like to buy a new best lens for Sony or a mirrorless camera, but you don’t know which one to choose? Do not worry, in a few minutes you will discover how to choose the best lens for your camera.
To discover which objective to buy, above all, you must know what kind of photos you want to take. For example panoramic photos, product photos, street, portraits, etc. … You must also learn to “read” some technical characteristics that differentiate one lens from another, here you will discover each one of them so as not to make a mistake in your new purchase.
Main characteristics of the photographic objectives:
Minimum focus distance
It is the minimum distance that the objective needs to focus on the framed subjects. In the typical kit objective 18-55mm, the minimum distance is 30cm.
It is the maximum and minimum aperture of the objective at the ends of the focal length and is measured in number f (F / 1.4- F11) If you are already one of those who have taken the course of free photography for amateurs, surely you know that a low f-number is equivalent to a greater aperture of diaphragm and consequently more light reaches the sensor, It allows you to capture excellent images, and create photos with an unfocused background.
Some cheap lenses have 2 aperture values, I explain you better…
An 18-55 lens has two maximum apertures for those focal distances, in 18mm the maximum aperture will be f / 3.5 while in 55mm the maximum aperture of the diaphragm will be off / 5.6.
This translates into that: increasing the focal length decreases the aperture. Then there are the lenses that have a maximum aperture in all their focal points like the Olympus Zuiko 14-150mm f4 lens.
It serves to have precision when you have the camera in your hand and you are ready to take photos without using a tripod. It is super useful when taking pictures in low light situations.
Focal length represents the distance between the sensor surface and the optical center of the lens.
Differences between a fixed focus lens and a zoom
The first thing you should know about the objectives is the difference between the fixed and variable focal lenses. It is something particularly easy to intuit. The lens fixed focal have a single focal length, can, therefore, be used primarily for a specific type of photography.
This is the type of objective preferred by the so-called “purists”, who prefer to move around the frame to make zoon. To see this is not bad, but I want you to know that owning a fixed focal lens does not make you a better or worse photographer.
The zoom lenses are those most versatile lenses that manage to cover several focal distances, without having to move from the place.
Recommended: Best Highest Resolution Camera
You can zoom in or out of the object, moving only the zoom ring, They offer an image quality lower than the fixed ones, this happens because they have more than one lens in a single optical body.
Types of the Lens for Sony
There are different definitions for the types of lenses; you must know them to be able to buy your next best lens for Sony, without making unnecessary mistakes and money expenses.
Standard objectives are those that have a focal length similar to the diagonal of the format. It is the objective capable of reproducing the elements with proportions similar to the vision of the human eye. For example, the 50mm mounted on a full-frame camera and the 35mm used on an APS-c sensor.
The wide-angle are lenses that have a fairly short focal length, are ideal for panoramic photos, while more angular models can be used in very creative compositions. Normally this type of lens has a focal length of less than 35mm.
Tele is those lenses that have a fairly high focal length compared to standard and wide-angle. They are characterized by their ability to “enlarge” the furthest objects.
These types of lenses are usually used to “steal” the moments from VIP personalities, also used by sports photographers to portray athletes who are far away on the field of play.
It adapts very well to nature photography, the longer telescopes can quietly exceed 300mm, are large and heavy, and have to be used with the support of a tripod.
The macros are those pretty expensive lenses that cover a focal length x, but their particularity is that they have a reduced minimum focus distance. Perfect for enlarging very small objects in detail.
They are used in different types of photos. From jewelry to photos of bugs and natural elements such as plants and flowers. In this case, the use of a tripod is also suggested.
Target prices for Sony a6000 on the internet
Do not choose a class of objectives for Sony a6000 of a higher price than usual taking into account that it will be the best, because it does not necessarily have to be so. Today, and thanks to the internet, you can find quantity with the highest qualities, without paying a high price.