Top 10 Best 4k Sports Action Camera to Buy in 2020 Reviews – Buyer’s Guide
If you would like to record the holidays with the help of different touch mobiles, capture vlogs with wide-angle or attach a camera with a stabilizer to any type of object to record an extreme sport, we tell you which are the best 4K sports action camera that you can buy in 2020.
Although there were people who did not see the utility when they went on the market, the truth is that 4K sports camera are increasingly popular.
We understand by sports action camera a tiny and fully autonomous camera, with screen and / or keypad with just enough to capture any moment on video and, in addition, take some photographs in a stabilized way thanks to physical motors or digital stabilizer.
Action cameras or sports cameras, are, as we say, increasingly popular, since they not only serve to capture risky sports in all their splendor thanks to the wide-angle and stabilization, they also have other uses.
For example the Best Vlogging Cameras, many use them with support in the car to capture long trips and by city and, thus, present it as evidence in an accident, but they also serve to make vlogs or capture video in events to upload it to YouTube.
Top 10 Best 4k Sports Action Camera
- 1 Top 10 Best 4k Sports Action Camera
- 1.1 1. GoPro Hero 5 Revivew – Best 4K Sports Action Camera 2020
- 1.2 What is the largest sd card the go pro 5 black 4k will operate with?
- 1.3 Does it come with a thumbscrew to use with a chest mount?
- 1.4 Does the hero 5 black come enabled with wireless and or Bluetooth?
- 1.5 How long does the battery last?
- 1.6 2. Sony FDR-X3000R Review – Best 4K Sports Camera
- 1.7 Can you use an external mic with this?
- 1.8 How long can you record at 4k? Can you review the video via smartphone?
- 1.9 What sd card do I need for this camera?
- 1.10 3. GoPro Hero 5 Session Review -Best 4k Sports Action Camera 2020
- 1.11 How long does the battery last?
- 1.12 Can I use the voice control to turn on/off? Do GoPro smart remote works for that too?
- 1.13 Can you use the Hero5 Session while charging?
- 1.14 4. Olympus TG-tracker Review – 4K Sports Action Camera 2020
- 1.15 Is the battery removable?
- 1.16 Does it have an SD/MicroSD card slot?
- 1.17 Does the TG-Tracker have an external mic jack?
- 1.18 5. Y1 4K Sports Action Camera Review
- 1.19 Can the Yi run directly off of an auxiliary USB power pack?
- 1.20 It's there an external mic camera?
- 1.21 Can you attach an external mic via the USB?
- 1.22 6. 360fly Review – 4K VR Capable Best Action Camera
- 1.23 Can I use external San disk chips in this device?
- 1.24 Can I use it in my car?
- 1.25 Can you take a video while charging?
- 1.26 7. Garmin VIRB Review – Ultra 30 4K Sports Camera
- 1.27 What is included with the camera?
- 1.28 Does this come with a waterproof case?
- 1.29 Is the case mount compatible with GoPro case mount accessories?
- 1.30 8. TomTom Bandit 4k Sports Action Camera
- 1.31 Can the tom take a paintball hit to the lens or the body and still keep working?
- 1.32 do I need the waterproof lens cover when snowmobiling?
- 1.33 what accessories come with the camera does it come with a helmet side strap and bike handlebar clamps?
- 1.34 9. GoPro Hero 4 Black 4K Sports Action Camera
- 1.35 10. Sony FDR-X100V/W 4K Sports Action Camera
- 2 Best 4k Sports Action Camera Buying Guide: What To Consider When Buying A Sports Camera
That is, as you can see, sports cameras are not only used for sports, and then we will tell you which the best sports cameras you can buy are. Of course, first of all, we must clarify that they are not cheap devices, although, as always, Xiaomi has something to say about it.
|Camera Name||Weight (ounces)||Dimensions|
|GoPro Hero 5 Black 4K Camera||4.2||1.8 x 2.4 x 1.3||Check Price|
|Sony FDR-X3000R 4K Sports Camera||4.2||1.2 x 1.9 x 3.3||Check Price|
|GoPro Hero 5 Session 4k Sports Camera||4.5||1.4 x 1.5 x 1.5||Check Price|
|Olympus TG-tracker 4K camera||6.4||3.7 x 1.4 x 2.2||Check Price|
|Y1 4K Sports Action Camera||3.36||2.6 x 1.7 x 1.2||Check Price|
|360fly 4K VR Capable Camera||1.3||2.4 x 2.4 x 2.4||Check Price|
|Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 4K Camera||3.2||2.4 x 1.2 x 1.6||Check Price|
|TomTom Bandit 4k Sports Camera||6.6||3.7 x 1.5 x 2.1||Check Price|
|GoPro Hero 4 Black Camera||5.3||2.8 x 2.8 x 1.5||Check Price|
|Sony FDR-X100V/W 4K camera||9.6||5 x 3.2 x 6.4||Check Price|
1. GoPro Hero 5 Revivew – Best 4K Sports Action Camera 2020
After two years of the launch of the HERO4, the GoPro sports camera HERO5 Black is here and it looks amazing.
This new 4K sports camera comes with some very interesting features that will undoubtedly stand out from the competition.
Excited? Well, here we tell you everything you need to know about her.
The GoPro HERO5 Black best 4K sports camera is submersible in water and has a touch screen and a simpler design to improve the user experience. Also, among its most striking novelties, is its voice control. With this function you can record videos or take pictures just by saying so.
Pretty useful, right? This quality can also be found in the Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 (which, by the way, is a fantastic camera).
Unfortunately, this feature is not available in 4K. However, image stabilization is more useful for recording fast movements and, in these cases, 1080p resolution is more appropriate because it captures more frames per second (and therefore more action).
On the other hand, GoPro wifi action camera has expressed concern about achieving good sound quality that complements the image quality it offers.
For this reason, the new HERO5 Black has an intelligent three-microphone system that, in a nutshell. The GoPro HERO5 Black 4k sports action camera has voice control to manipulate it without using your hands.
This system is available in seven languages: English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Chinese and Japanese. Unlike voice control on the Garmin VIRB Ultra 30, which only supports the English language, the GoPro HERO5 Black opens a variety of possibilities.
- The maximum resolution is 4k/30fps
- Without a case this camera is waterproof for the 10 minutes
- It comes with the dual microphones
- It provides you the two-inch touch screen display
- Electronic image stabilization
- GoPro HERO5 Black
- QuikStories Enabled
- 4K Video + 12 MP Photo
- Rugged + Waterproof
- 2-Inch Touch Display
- Voice Control
- Simple One-Button Control
- Video Stabilization
- Access + Share From Anywhere
What is the largest sd card the go pro 5 black 4k will operate with?
Does it come with a thumbscrew to use with a chest mount?
Does the hero 5 black come enabled with wireless and or Bluetooth?
How long does the battery last?
- Best image quality
- Advanced image stabilization
- Without case this camera is waterproof
- When touch screen is running its battery can drain quickly
2. Sony FDR-X3000R Review – Best 4K Sports Camera
It is not cheap, but it is clearly one of the best 4K sports Action camera we can buy right now.
Sony is an image specialist (in the camera market, he dominates Evil and Full Frame with a firm hand, and in this best 4k sports camera, he has mounted a CMOS Exmor R with a Zeiss lens that is capable of Video recording at 4K30 or 1.080p 120.
There are several models, but the one that most interests are the Action Cam FDR X3000R best action camera since it is a model with optical image stabilization, something that rivals do not have.
In addition, this sports action camera has a kind of control/stabilizer that allows us to control different parameters of the capture in real-time, such as white balance, brightness or exposure manually
Of course, the battery is not the best in the market, with a capacity for 50 minutes recording in 4K, something that is not comparable to the almost two hours of a GoPro, but it is clear that the shots with the optical stabilizer are well worth those 50 minutes.
- For the easy control, it provides you the live view remote
- It comes with the user-friendly UI
- It provides you the Exmor R CMOS sensor
- For the quality sound, it provides you the built-in stereo mic
- Sharp ultra-wide lenses
- For the slow-motion video it provides you the 120fps at full HD resolution
- FDR-X3000 4K Action Cam with Balanced Optical SteadyShot
- Ultimate image stabilization
- Enhanced convenience
- Built-in GPS – display your Action Cam route
- Professional 4K quality with ZEISS lens and Exmor R CMOS
- Remote camera control and viewing
- Tough body endures harsh conditions
- Underwater Housing as standard gear
- Selectable viewing angle and 3x zoom5
- High quality 12MP up to 10 fps
- 8.3MP Interval record and 4K time-lapse video
- High-Quality stereo sound with wind noise reduction
- Catch all the motion in one shot
Can you use an external mic with this?
How long can you record at 4k? Can you review the video via smartphone?
What sd card do I need for this camera?
- This camera provides you the best quality images and audio
- Best image stabilization
- It comes with the best battery life
- When using the remote control it’s hard to power on
3. GoPro Hero 5 Session Review -Best 4k Sports Action Camera 2020
The American company launches the GoPro Hero 5 Session 4K sports camera, One of the characteristics that stand out in this new batch of action camera is its resistance to water without the need to mount an accessory box (depending on the meters we are going to dive).
This is an incentive in terms of appearance along with the design of the devices, with curved edges and quite compact, especially the Session model.
Hero 5 Session best 4k sports camera work with a combination of two buttons and different types of keystrokes. In the Session it is a small monochrome LCD with a very simplified menu, which navigates with the buttons (in the style of basic clocks or alarm clocks).
This best action camera comes with the three microphones, located depending on whether it is a camera or another: the Session has them on the front.
Another element this sports action camera to mention is the activity indicator LEDs (in red, accompanied in many cases by acoustic signals), which are found in the front and in the back.
Before putting into action it is convenient to locate them, especially in order to have the cameras installed in one of the accessories or hooked on our clothes since when starting the taking of images with a voice command they will help us to verify that you have heard us.
Both this and the shooting intervals (if we choose sequence), as well as the field of vision, is set in the camera configuration section, the power button being the selector and the firing button the “ok”.
- It provides you the ten megapixel still images
- It comes with the 4K video capture at 30fps
- It provides you the USB-C connection
- The design is very simple and attractive
- The Best, Only Smaller.
- Voice Control
- Compact Mounting
- 4K Video + 10MP Photo
- Advanced Video Stabilization
- Simple One-Button Control
- Rugged + Waterproof
- Wear it. Mount it. Love it.
- Access + Share From Anywhere
How long does the battery last?
Can I use the voice control to turn on/off? Do GoPro smart remote works for that too?
Can you use the Hero5 Session while charging?
- • It provides you the excellent image and video quality
- Waterproof for the ten minutes
- This camera is lightweight
- You can control this camera with your voice
- Battery life is very poor
4. Olympus TG-tracker Review – 4K Sports Action Camera 2020
The highlight of the Olympus Tough TG-Tracker 4K sports camera is that, in addition to being an important and unexpected competition for GoPro cameras, this best 4K sports camerahas an extraordinary video capability.
Olympus best action camera will allow you to record very high-quality videos as well as capture some images thanks to its powerful resolution.
Another of the most relevant attributes of this new Olympus sports action camera is that it does not require a housing system, because thanks to its strong shell it is able to withstand certain drastic conditions by itself, including resistance of up to 30 meters underwater.
Great for taking pictures and for recording in the water without any repercussions.
The photo sensor of the Olympus Tough TG-Tracker 4K ultra HD action camera is not exactly exceptional, but for its price (which you can see below in this article), it is quite ideal. In addition, this does not mean that the photographic and / or video graphic quality is not good.
Related: Best Camera for Beginners
It is an 8.3MP CMOS and is backlit. The videos, thanks to this sensor, are still fantastic especially because of the intervention of the built-in objective.
This wifi action camera also has a maximum aperture of f2, which makes it a very bright lens. Such large openings are ideal for video and underwater photography where light conditions do not favor framing too much.
Apart from recording extraordinary videos, the camera can also make time-lapse animations using a special built-in function. It is based on the shooting of the camera every certain time interval, as is done in a regular camera manually.
- It comes with the 4K ultra HD video
- Electronic five-axis for the image stabilization
- It provides you the LED headlights
- It comes with the built-in Wi-Fi
- Built Tough to Shoot Anywhere
- Action Track Sensors
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Data Log Mode
- Three-Prong Mount Adapter
- Waterproof camera, you can easily capture pictures under the water
Is the battery removable?
Does it have an SD/MicroSD card slot?
Does the TG-Tracker have an external mic jack?
- It comes with the five-axis image stabilization
- It provides you the f2.0 aperture lens
- 4K recording with the best image quality
- Best price
- Photo resolution is average
5. Y1 4K Sports Action Camera Review
We continue our list of the best 4K sports camera with the best value for money. Now we are going to analyze an excellent high-end best 4K sports camera for diving.
We refer to the YI 4K sports Action camera. We have chosen it as one of the best low diving sports cameras since you can submerge it up to 40 meters with its waterproof case. Also underwater do not lose video quality.
Our only complaint about this is that you lose sound quality inside your case. Something that really doesn’t matter once you use it in the water.
But there is more. This sports action camera most notable feature is its ability to record video because apart from capturing images in 4K at 30fps it also does so at 120fps in Full HD 1080p. If the quality of your videos has not made you fall in love, I am sure that its weight of 95 grams and its reduced dimensions of (6.5 x 2.1 x 4.2) will.
- It does not lose image quality if you use it for diving
- It has 2.4 Ghz/ 5Ghz dual-band Wi-Fi
- If you go directly to its application (YI Camera) you can share your adventures on the mainstreaming platforms.
- Great value for the price.
- Includes Bluetooth low energy (BLE).
- Your World in 4K
- High Speed Wi-Fi
- Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS)
- Integrated LCD Gorilla Glass Retina Touchscreen
- 120 Minutes 4K 30/fps Video with a Single Charge
- World’s Leading Technologies
- Edit and Share Like a Pro with YI Camera App
Can the Yi run directly off of an auxiliary USB power pack?
It's there an external mic camera?
Can you attach an external mic via the USB?
- For 2 hours it provides you the detailed 4K videos
- Its weight is just 94 grams
- It comes with the bigger touch screen
- It provides you the 155° wide-angel lens
- It comes with few accessories.
- When there are winds it shows quite a lot in the audio of the recording.
- You have to buy a case to protect it from bumps
6. 360fly Review – 4K VR Capable Best Action Camera
In 2011, the North American company 360Fly became known as a brand with the creation of the GoPano micro.
A special accessory for the iPhone 4 designed to record videos at 360 °. However, the firm decided to retake this photographic format to introduce it in a computer available to all users.
This result is the new 360Fly 4K sports action camera. A small, but a powerful device capable of capturing interactive content in 360 ° thanks to its fisheye lens. Its high-resolution optics surpasses the sensor of the Samsung Gear 360 Spherical VR for being made up of 16 megapixels.
Similarly, it is considered a good resolution for video recordings. In addition, the equipment has different video modes and has integrated dual microphones to record a better sound.
In addition, the 360Fly 4K opts for novel sphere-shaped design and a mounting thread to take advantage of its potential with different accessories.
Part of the versatility is due to its wireless connections and wide compatibility with photographic accessories. The action camera can be connected to a smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Both connections allow you to control the equipment and download the content in a simple way.
On the other hand, a 1/4 ″ -20 mounting thread with adapter is located in the lower part of the body. It serves to insert the 360Fly 4K into tripods, helmets, suction mount, selfie stick, drones and more. In this way, the user can maximize their potential from their favorite accessory.
- Fisheye lens
- 16-megapixel sensor
- Different capture and recording modes
- Sphere design, strong and lightweight
- 64GB internal memory
- 360Fly application (available for iOS and Android)
- 360° to First-Person POV Recording
- High Resolution Camera
- Social Media Connectivity
- Virtual Reality Ready
- Shine Mobile VR Headset
- 360fly 4K Suction Mount
- 360fly 4K Tripod Grip
- 4K Vented Helmet Mount
Can I use external San disk chips in this device?
Can I use it in my car?
Can you take a video while charging?
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection
- Compatible with various accessories
- Powerful battery
- The videos have a maximum resolution of 2880 x 2880
- It does not have an LCD screen
- It has no microSD card slot
- Accessories sold separately
7. Garmin VIRB Review – Ultra 30 4K Sports Camera
This launch of the high-end 4K sports camera of the Garmin brand joined those already presented on its day GoPro Hero 5 Black and Hero 5 Session or the spectacular Sony ActionCam FDR-X3000R.
So the Garmin brand has not wanted to be left behind and has presented the imposing Garmin Virb Ultra 30 camera.
Best action camera model with very good specifications: touch screen, 4K video, sensors … in short, an excellent renovation of its Garmin Virb model Elite and with which the brand will fight face to face vs GoPro Hero 5. Want to know more?
The Garmin Virb Ultra 30 4K sports action camerastands out for a striking design in black and red colors.
If we look at it from the front we see the lens located, as well as a couple of status LEDs attached to the top and bottom and that is complemented by a curious grid design that covers the front microphone.
As for some of its features, these are: What is a VIRB Ultra 30 best action camera with submersible housing, with rechargeable battery, USB charger/data cable, adhesive supports for flat and curved surfaces, mounting adapters, arms extension, and Garmin VIRB adhesive label.
This 4K sports action camera also records in high resolution (Ultra HD) in 4K / 30 fps and slow-motion in 720PX / 240 fps. With G-Metrix ™ technology: high sensitivity GPS (10 Hz) and integrated accelerometer.
You can share your images live over Wi-Fi. And with a color touch screen. This action chamber is considered by many industry analysts as one of the best in the market.
- A high-sensitivity mic is available with this camera
- This is the advanced 12 MP 4K sports Action camera
- It provides you the three-axis stabilization for the video
- This camera captures up to 2.7K60, 4K30, 720p240 and 1080p120 video
What is included with the camera?
Does this come with a waterproof case?
Is the case mount compatible with GoPro case mount accessories?
- You can easily connect external sensors with the help of Bluetooth
- Live stream to YouTube with the help of Wi-Fi
- It provides you the waterproof chassis
- The 4K resolution doesn’t record videos with electronic image stabilization
8. TomTom Bandit 4k Sports Action Camera
The TomTom Bandit 4K sports action camera not only allows you to record motion videos but TomTom best4K sports camera will also help you turn it into an action movie.
This 4K sports camera allows you to record hours of 1080p recording and is excellent for recording the most exciting moments of your life.
The built-in motion sensors, GPS, manual labeling and easy operation are just the beginning of this innovative best action camera. The Shake-to-Edit function of this sports action camera eliminates the issue of editing and allows you to load your movies quickly and without complications.
Playback is instantaneous, video can be easily edited although with some unimportant limitation.
Use the viewfinder to align the image instantly and to see instant video previews in the app.
High-resolution performance at 1080p at 60 fps or 720p at 120 fps for crisp and action-free recordings without limits. Take pictures and record videos in high resolution with this Wi-Fi action camera that you can also easily edit and share.
- It comes with the 1080p recording
- The battery life of this camera is 3 hours
- 1900 mAh battery with the micro SD card slot
- The shake-to-edit function
Can the tom take a paintball hit to the lens or the body and still keep working?
do I need the waterproof lens cover when snowmobiling?
what accessories come with the camera does it come with a helmet side strap and bike handlebar clamps?
- Best and advanced design
- It comes with the GoPro mounting option
- Very easy to use this 4K sports action camera
- This 4K sports Action camera provides you instant video editing and playback facility
- It is Heavier than any of its rivals
- For waterproofing, you have to buy a separate lens cover.
- The bullet shape makes some mounting options complicated
9. GoPro Hero 4 Black 4K Sports Action Camera
Hero4 Black 4K sports camera is the extra features designed to make it easy to use and expand the camera’s capacity.
If we talk about the battery life, then the range is not spectacular on any GoPro, especially on 4K models. On average, two and a half hours of use is the most you can get from a Hero4
It is important to note that in practice, in terms of image quality, the differences should not be too large, especially if you do not consider yourself a professional in the field. Hero4 records in 4K at 30 frames per second, same resolution and limit rate as Hero5, while also delivering the same 12-megapixel resolution when shooting.
Hero4 Black 4k sports action camera is well served by accessories. Cases, tripods, sticks, chargers, and extra batteries are easily found everywhere. Anyone who wants to import can even appeal to complete kits, which feature an arsenal of adapters, cases, and mounts to use the camera.
- It provides you the 4K video at 30 fps
- Other is 2.7k video at 60 fps and 1k video at 120 fps
- It comes with the 12 megapixel
- Most Advanced GoPro ever
- 2x the Performance
- 4K30. 4x the resolution of 1080p
- Fast, Powerful Photo Capture
- Protune for Photo + Video.
- QuikCapture Convenience
- New Settings For After Dark
- Auto Low Light Mode
- Control, View And Share With Built-In Wi-Fi + Bluetooth
- Best 4k quality image
- ProTune mode is present to provide you the best control
- Price is too high
10. Sony FDR-X100V/W 4K Sports Action Camera
The new 4K sports Action camera will be known as Sony FDR-X1000V, and as its catalog companions, the remote control will be very important.
From it, we can see the action thanks to the small screen, but also control more than one camera at a time, in a synchronized way. The star recording mode of the camera will be 4K at 30 images per second, but we also find a more than interesting 1080p mode with the possibility of recording 120 images per second.
Going down to 720p, we can register up to 240 images per second. Without a doubt, the modes are now more capable, more creative.
Another of the strengths of Sony’s best cameras is in image stabilization, which promises will be improved in this new model. This is a stabilization called Steady Shot, based on algorithms and electronics, nothing optical.
Depending on whether we operate it or not, the angle of the optics changes, which is initially at 170 degrees. We also highlight that this lens is signed by Zeiss Tessar. As for the sensor, it is a CMOS module with Exmor backlight technology and Bionz X processor hardware. We do not know its megapixels.
The third aspect to be valued in Sony’s offer is integrated GPS, which records the location of every second we live with the video. Very useful to represent the results on a map, as well as the speed and time information. All this helps us to easily manage the camera’s editing software.
- It provides you the 4K recording
- Integrated GPS
- Image stabilization
- It comes with the single button operation
- It provides you the best and advanced design
- This camera is waterproof
- According to its features, this camera is expensive
Best 4k Sports Action Camera Buying Guide: What To Consider When Buying A Sports Camera
The autonomy of a camera is defined by the type of battery it has. The first thing to look for is that the camera has a Li-Ion battery since it is a type of light battery and almost all models already have it.
Milliamps (mAH) are the measure to know the autonomy that the device will have. The more mill amperes the battery has, the longer it will hold running. That the battery is compatible with other models or devices is also a point in favor that you can take into account.
- Image quality
Since the main function of a camera is to record images, an important factor when buying it is the quality of the image, both in video and in photography. One of the factors that determine the quality of video recording is the frames per second.
This is especially important if you are going to use it for fast and agile movements or if you need to make videos in slow motion. Normally, a good sports camera will record from 60 to 240 frames per second.
As for the zoom, it is always preferable that the zoom is optical and digital since digital is simply an enlargement of the image that will lose quality.
In addition to simply capturing the images, there are good sports cameras with which you can apply interesting effects and functions. For example, slow motion or time-lapse are some of the most used and interesting at this time.
Depending on the use you give to your camera, you may want to be waterproof or even submersible. Logically, if you are going to practice water sports with it, this will be an indispensable condition. Even if you don’t practice these sports and think you’re not going to need it, keep in mind that this function makes the camera much more versatile.
- Connectivity: Wifi and GPS
Although most models have a USB connection to charge and transfer your images wherever you want, there are also a large number of models that already have built-in Wi-Fi to transfer images wirelessly.
You can also find models that have a built-in GPS so that you will have the position of each capture you make.
Anchors, housings, covers … These are just some examples of the accessories that a sports camera can include. Try to make an analysis of your needs before buying yours and consider what each model includes and the price it has.
The advantages of 4K video recording
Let’s go back to the “normal” 4K cameras that will be more available to most of us. Why should I bet or care if I allow or not to record in 4K? The reasons are several and are not necessarily for you to produce content with that resolution. If you edit at 1080p it also brings advantages. But let’s go in parts.
Even so, following the advantages of 4K video clips in Full HD edition, when it comes to stabilizing a video, it is also an improvement. Because you will not have to crop and enlarge the image to bring the resolution given to the project. Our video editor will analyze the video, make the necessary clipping and then, normally, will scale down to fit that 1080p video we are creating.
Another possibility of 4K video when we are going to edit a project at a lower resolution, such as 2K or 1080p, is that we can make cuts to the frame or look for the detail without fear that the image will be pinned. Also, perform panning or zoom effects, simulate multi-camera and ultimately expand the creative possibilities.