Although in recent years the quality of user cameras has advanced greatly, there is still a difference with those that offer professional results.
If this is what you need, here is an analysis of the best professional video cameras on the market.
If you are an audiovisual professional, the most affordable cameras for the user probably fall short.
Whenever you know how to get performance, it is worth looking for one that fits well with the needs of your projects and even offers you room in case you need to get a little complicated.
Professional video Camera History:
- 1 Professional video Camera History:
- 1.1 Top 10 Best Professional Video Cameras
- 1.2 1. Canon XA30: professional video camera 4k
- 1.3 2. Canon XA11 – Best HD Video Camera with Stabilization
- 1.4 4. Canon XA35 – professional 4k video cameras with 20X Zoom Lens
- 1.5 5. Sony NEX-VG30H Handycam – professional grade video camera
- 1.6 6. Canon XF300 High Definition Professional Camcorder – 4k Professional Camcorder
- 1.7 7. AG-AF100 Professional Micro 4/3 HD Camcorder – best professional camcorder
- 1.8 8. Panasonic HC-X1000 4k Camcorder – Full Frame 4k Camcorder
- 1.9 9. Canon XF200 High Definition professional Camcorder – Best 4k Camcorder 2019
- 1.10 10. Sony PXW-Z150 4K XDCAM Camcorder – Best 4k Pro Camcorder
- 2 How to Choose a Best Professional Video Camera?
- 2.1 Professional Video Camera Features to value before buying
- 2.2 Technical Characteristics of the Camcorder:
- 2.3 Should you buy a professional video camera?
- 2.4 Share this:
- 2.5 Related
The video camera is a relatively new invention, because they have only existed for a few decades, but have evolved rapidly.
The first days of video cameras saw huge machines mounted on pedestals with wheels and rolled around the television studios. But finally, the television industry began to make its cameras more mobile, and that led to a consumer video camera that changed the way we see the world.
From tape to digital content, video cameras are there to capture historical moments, generate entertainment and even protect people from crime. The Internet has contributed to making videos of all kinds more accessible to users, and the camera industry for making videos continues to change based on technology and society.
The evolution has been constant, the first portable video cameras had to be connected to a tape machine to operate. Although this limited how far the cameras could go, it still aroused enormous interest among consumer markets.
Thus, at the end of the 80s, Sony was also the first to launch a fully digital video camera with the D1 model. But the video format for the D1 was not compressed, greatly limiting what it could record on a single tape.
Top 10 Best Professional Video Cameras
The advance in compressed digital video technology opened a gateway of products and innovations from Sony, Panasonic and a long list of other technology companies.
The video cameras were getting smaller, but the image quality improved dramatically thanks to digital technology until the era of the HD we have today, and the capacity of the cameras we have in our homes, equals what would recently be a professional video camera.
1. Canon XA30: professional video camera 4k
Canon XA30 is another compact professional camcorder that comes in the market and this professional video camera is the best and amazing for all types of events like documentaries, weddings, and videography. Canon AX30 professional HD video camera comes with the 20x zoom lens and provides you 1080p video recording at 60fps.
The other main thing about XA30 is that it is best for the low light recording because of its WIDE DR and highlight feature.The Canon XA30 provides you the best image stabilization because it comes with the IS settings you can select the mode from the IS settings and also color selection option is available like Cloudy, Fluorescent H, Daylight and many more
If we talk about its design and feature then canon XA30 cheap professional video camera comes with the detachable handle and best body design that is very easy in use and lightweight.
This canon camera provides you a feature of Wide DR Gamma and that thing is found only in the best pro video cameras.
- It comes with the detachable handle
- It provides you the sensor with the higher light sensitivity
- Easy to carry, even with the handle
- The price of this canon is high as compared to other 4k professional cameras
2. Canon XA11 – Best HD Video Camera with Stabilization
The best and amazing thing about the Canon XA11 professional video camera is that it always provides you the high performance and quality in video recording and images, it doesn’t matter where are you, what are you shooting like in venues of weddings, government halls or other events it always fulfill your all needs in a professional way.
This professional video camera comes with the Wide DR Gamma that helps to provide the pure and realistic color to the video and images.
The other thing is that it comes with the CMOS HD image sensor, the powerful processor that is DIGIC DV4, and it provides you the full HD videos with the help of 20x high zoom lens, the range of this lens is 26.8 to 576mm.
- 20x HD zoom lens
- Canon Digic DV 4 image processor
- Dynamic Image Stabilization
- 3 “OLED touch panel display screen
- Manual camera controls
- 2 x XLR with manual/automatic audio levels
- HDMI and composite output
- 2 slots for SD / SDHC / SDXC media cards
- Canon XA11 record video in full HD but other professional video cameras provides you the 4k video
- It didn’t provide you the Wi-Fi facility
3. AiTechny Ultra HD Digital Wi-Fi Camera with Wide-angle Lens
The AiTechny provide you the extra battery and the benefit of the digital zoom. The special thing about this best professional video camera is it provides the HD wide-angle lens and this lens helps you to record the best quality video.
Without any editing, you will get the HD quality video and don’t need to edit your video after recording the video with AiTechny ultra digital Wi-Fi camera.
If we talk about the other qualities of this professional video camera then it provides you the 3.0 IPS touch screen and that thing is the best opportunity in 2019.
It comes with the 2500MAh two batteries and these batteries are rechargeable and also you can record video while charging this professional video camera.
- For professional users, it provides the 4k video resolution
- Provides you 2 rechargeable 2500 MAH batteries
- Comes with the wide-angle lens and external microphone
- Face capture, multi-language, and Ultra HD mode is available
- 3.0 IPS touch screen
- The high price is the main drawback
- Weight of this video camera is high
- In the camera option, no external memory is available
- Sometimes the side lens of this professional video camera didn’t perform perfectly
4. Canon XA35 – professional 4k video cameras with 20X Zoom Lens
For the best quality videos and powerful amazing performance with the ENG production Canon XA35 is here for you. This professional video camera is best for sports events, broadcasting, marriage events YouTube videos, news, and other recording situations.
If we talk about the design of the Canon XA35 then the main and important thing is that it comes with the I/O capability and built with the HD/SD-SDI terminal and much other best hardware.
This best professional video camera provides you the high definition 20X zoom lens and best image sensor with the help of these sensors you can easily capture the high-quality images at any event and also you can capture high-quality images full HD video in the low light.
- It provides you the high-quality videos and images
- It is too much lightweight
- Fast and speedy
- Easy to use both for professionals and beginners
- Not durable, this professional video camera is best for a short time
5. Sony NEX-VG30H Handycam – professional grade video camera
The Sony NEX-VG30 is the latest technology professional video camera and the best feature of this professional video camera is it provides an Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor with the help of this feature you can easily capture an amazing video to 25 or 50p with the speed of 24fps. it provides the microphone that records the audio with stereo.
It comes with the touch screen 3-inch LCD with a higher resolution and the pixel of this is 921600. This professional video camera is amazing and comes with the different types of features that everyone needs but the main problem of this best professional video camera is its price that is high.
The audio section is the best part of this camera overall this camera is best for the professionals.
This professional video camera record videos in Full HD quality in classic 24fps, for the high quality of videos and images this professional video camera comes with the powerful BIONZ graphic processor.
- Provides 3 inches of touch display
- Microphone capsule
- Full HD resolution video
- Provides high-quality videos and images
- Price is too high
6. Canon XF300 High Definition Professional Camcorder – 4k Professional Camcorder
This canon professional video camera provides you the HD camera and also comes with the best design that everyone can use it. It comes with the powerful battery that is rechargeable with the adapter, you can get all the accessories with this camera.
This Awesome camera has a professional appearance with easy access buttons, solid and light body and weighing about 6.5 lbs. This camcorder doesn’t have the bulk and inconvenience of the large industrial camcorder. Canon XF300 is a gun shooting device and this camera device have to hold on the shoulder.
Usually, it comes in the market with dual CF slot card and also with dual XLR input. Because of having HM650 from the JVC used by them, this camera shows great quality so meets the BBC’s standards.
The other main feature of this professional video camera is it provides you the XF codec’s 4:2: color sampling this feature provides the double color resolution to your images and videos. If you are Capturing videos or images in the green environment then this canon is the best option for you.
- Very Authentic.
- Offers good and clear sound quality.
- Enabled customizability.
- Superbly Image Quality
- Best quality design
- It provides you the 4 inch LCD
- Audio recording is in best quality because of Stereo microphone
- Readapting problems
- Viewfinder diopter adjustment become incompatible
7. AG-AF100 Professional Micro 4/3 HD Camcorder – best professional camcorder
Panasonic is the cosmopolitan leader in the development of a wide range of electronic technologies. Now this brand has announced and launched the brand new AG-AF 100A, camcorder. This camcorder includes: many substantial improvements over its predecessor and that is the AG-AF 100.
This brand new camcorder is Micro 4/3 photo shooter camera that adds 4:2:2 output to the 10-bit and with improving the 8-bit of the previous one. Panasonic has just wanted to offer this amazing possibility for that user and customer who are in search of great range.
By correcting the color, so they can now achieve their dreamy camcorder through HD-SDI when there is a recording with the external devices such as a P2 HD recorder.
The HD-SDI signal of this camera is capable of carrying a synchronization signal for the start and the initiation of the recording. Among all other features besides these, you can also find a 2.0 USB and HDMI.
- Finer chip
- Good performance of lower light
- Sharper and vibrant image
- Smallest form factor (easier to hold in the handcuff)
- Wider sensor
- Irregular and fluctuating frame rate
- Discontinuous Auto flowing
- No HD-SDI Only HDMI out
8. Panasonic HC-X1000 4k Camcorder – Full Frame 4k Camcorder
This professional video camera released in the year of 2014 and known as the first HD camera that released in the market. The main thing is that its price is too high but in this price range it provides all the important features that a professional need. This HC-X1000 capture images at the 50 to 60 fps.
Provides you the high HD quality and normal is 720P or 1080P this depends on the need and size of your image. It comes with the digital memory card to records images and you can use up to 128GB storage of memory card.
The Panasonic HC-X1000 is the medium size camera if you are looking medium size camera then here it is. If we talk about its weight then it comes with three and a half pounds weight.
This weight makes it very light and very easy to handle it while shooting. Its body is made of totally plastic but the thing is that after this it doesn’t looks likecheap video cameras.
- It comes with the best design and lightweight
- Provides high-resolution video
- Price is too high
- The battery of this camera is poor
9. Canon XF200 High Definition professional Camcorder – Best 4k Camcorder 2019
The Canon XF200 is the best and quality performance professional video camera that is designed to fulfill all needs of the shooting like any type of event, documentations, movie products, school, colleges, YouTube and many more.
The main feature of the Canon XF200 is it comes with the 20x optical zoom lens with the different rings it provides you the complete image stabilization and also provides you the dual-band Wi-Fi feature.
Canon XF200 comes with the Wi-Fi and you can control all functions of this professional video camera with your mobile device, the other feature is that you can see your footage on your mobile phone. It comes with the Ethernet facility with the help of this you can transfer your data.
If we talk about its image quality and the image stabilization then it provides you the OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) and this system will help you to reduce image blur.
- It’s easy to hold and handle everyone can use it easily
- Provides you the professional high-quality images and videos
- Wi-Fi is available
- Ability to record audio with a built-in microphone
- The touch screen is not available
- It provides you the noisy sensor
10. Sony PXW-Z150 4K XDCAM Camcorder – Best 4k Pro Camcorder
For the Corporate event industries, the Sony PXW-Z150 is the best option because it provides you the power 120 frames per second shoots. The main thing is that this best professional video camera comes with lots of features and powerful performance that is perfect for the filmmaker, and different big events maker professionals.
Sony PXW-Z150 is the only professional video camera that fulfills all needs of professionals and easy to set up and use.
If we talk about the design and feature of this professional video camera then it comes with the clear quality of images with the built-in 29 to 348mm zoom lens. This 12x optical lens is specially designed for the 4k videos. Exmor RS CMOS sensor is provided in this professional video camera to supports the slow-motion in Ultra HD videos and provide you the 4K quality of the video.
If we talk about the autofocus of this camera, then one thing is important for you that its autofocus function is too fast as compared to the old model. It automatically detects your face and provides you the high-quality image without any blur.
You can enable face detection manually and it also allows you to focus tracks. This autofocus feature of this camera makes them different from the other best professional video cameras.
- 4k resolution
- Comes with the best design and lightweight body
- Provide an Exmor RS CMOS sensor that provides high-quality videos in low light.
- It comes with the autofocus function that you can manually enable it.
- Supports slow motion
- Price is too high
How to Choose a Best Professional Video Camera?
In this article, We’re providing complete guide about how to choose a right best professional video camera
Professional Video Camera Features to value before buying
Whenever you go to buy a camcorder, there are a number of factors that you should take into account to ensure that you acquire the one that best suits your needs.
In the case of a professional camcorder, you still have to be more demanding, since your work and benefits will depend on the choice. Therefore, here are some clues that you should keep in mind before deciding on any of them.
- Technical characteristics of the camcorder
- Expected use
Technical Characteristics of the Camcorder:
If you are looking for a camcorder for the user or amateur level, you can focus on its more general aspects, but when you are looking for something professionally you have to go deeper into all the options that it can offer you.
The quality at which you can capture the video is important, although you should always adapt to what your projects require.
Perhaps a Full HD camera that offers you other possibilities than a 4k is more convenient for you, or perhaps this last definition is an indispensable requirement.
The design and the materials with which it is built, the lens, the optical zoom, the frames per second (fps), the white balance or the neutral density filters that they offer are features that you should study thoroughly.
Also, the video codec you use, compression, connectivity or audio capture can have a great weight on the final result of your audiovisual works.
If you dedicate yourself to the audiovisual world in a professional way, you will already know that the use you are going to give to the camera is very important when selecting the one that best suits your needs.
You must take into account two phases when assessing it: the use of the camera itself (where are you going to record, what kind of videos are you going to make, what are the difficulties that may arise) and when to treat the material that you export from the camera (color corrections, editing, or final format, for example).
Of course, the final price of the camcorder is a factor to take into account. Not for being a professional use you have to go for the most expensive necessarily, but you should not save costs either since it can be expensive in the final result.
When you are looking for a professional quality you have to adjust the money invested in the camcorder with which your audiovisual projects return you, and for this, you must find the right balance between them.
Advantages and disadvantages of best professional video cameras:
In contrast, all mid-range smartphones onwards allow you to record videos, so the simplest video cameras have been partly displaced from their daily use.
However, before buying a camcorder, if you really want a better result when recording your videos, or you are going to use your new camera at a professional level, it is essential that you take into account the following.
- The video quality of a real camera is much higher than the resolution you can get from a smartphone.
- In the case of action cameras, you would not be risking your phone at the time of making the recordings, but instead use a sturdy and suitable element for work.
- The functions of a professional camcorder allow you to adapt and modify the recordings more easily than the MP4 and MKV files of mobile phones.
The price of a decent camera tends to be high, and if you want to have features such as 4K definition or an integrated projector, not only increases the price of the device, but also adds accessories.
Should you buy a professional video camera?
To decide which camcorder to buy and if you require one, you must be clear about your specific needs. Although they have improved greatly over the years, they are no longer the personal video recording solution. Other devices, from phones to action cameras, fulfill that role. You should buy a camcorder if you really need it.
Although it is not an exhaustive list, here are some reasons to have a camcorder:
- You have children and you need to record their parties, recitals or theatrical performances.
- You are a comedian and you need to record your presentations.
- You record documentaries and you need to record interviews.
- You produce a podcast or live broadcast and you need to stream for a long time.
- If you do not have one of these needs, it is likely that you can continue with your phone, action camera or DSLR.
All these professional video cameras are the best, I hope all these reviews and buyer guide in this article will help to buy the best professional video camera according to your needs and requirements.